Please read this acceptable use policy (“policy”, “AUP”) carefully before using Broadband service (“service”) operated by People’s Fibre (“us”, ‘we”, “our”).
Services provided by us may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the services. Any material or conduct that in our judgment violates this policy in any manner may result in suspension or termination of the services or removal of user’s account with or without notice.
We provide our service to the customer, generally the person who pays the bill. It is the responsibility of you, our customer, to make sure that anyone using the People’s Fibre service complies with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We differentiate between business use and personal use and different tariffs apply to each. You may only use our service for commercial or business purposes if you have subscribed to one of our business tariffs. If we believe that you are using your services for business purposes without our permission, we have the right to suspend your account.
You may not use the services to publish content or engage in activity that is illegal under applicable law, that is harmful to others, or that would subject us to liability, including, without limitation, in connection with any of the following, each of which is prohibited under this AUP:
- Send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone’s reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal.
- Cause annoyance, nuisance, inconvenience or needless worry to, or interfere with the rights of, any other person.
- Perform any illegal activity.
- Break, or try to break, the security of anyone else’s equipment, hardware or software.
- Deliberately receive, use, own, post, transmit or publish obscene material (including, but not limited to, child pornography).
- Upload, post, publish or transmit any information or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights without the permission of its owner.
- Copy or distribute any software that we provide (but you may make a backup copy of any software that we provide for your personal use).
- Use any Internet Protocol (IP) address that People’s Fibre has not assigned to you, our customer.
- You may not use the internet connection we provide to harm the service of another internet user or impersonate another user, whether on our network or external to our network.
- You acknowledge that we may change your Internet Protocol (IP) address from time to time without giving notice unless you have purchased a fixed IP address from us.
- Use the services in a way that (a) risks degradation of service levels to other customers, (b) puts People’s Fibre’s systems at risk or (c) interfere with or attempt to interfere with the operation of any of People’s Fibre’s equipment or services or the Internet.
- Knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Where People’s Fibre suspects that your equipment has been infected by a software virus or similar we may suspend your service.
- Run open mail relays or open web proxies or similar services that can allow unknown third parties to use your connection for (possibly) commit unlawful acts without your knowledge or control.
- Modify identifying network header information in order to deceive or mislead.
This list is not exhaustive and any act which adversely affects either People’s Fibre or a 3rd party may result in People’s Fibre suspending or terminating your account.
Your services may be suspended or terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this policy. Any violations may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
To report a violation of this policy, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.